I like to put myself on the internet because my blog is a safe haven from the negativity that no doubt exists in this crazy world. I am a teenage girl, and I'm still learning the ropes of dealing with feelings and defining myself. However, as humans we forget that when we are busy dealing with ourselves, too often than not, we get caught in the complex madness of life and we forget the importance of basic human values- kindness. Don't let the world change your smile, let your smile change the world. Here are just a few of the many things I've learned so far, about the importance of kindness.
1) Always say kind words to one another whenever you have the chance. You never know when your empathy can fill a cold, growing wound in someone else's heart. No act of kindness, regardless of how small, is wasted. You never know who is suffering inside. Never doubt the power of kindness. Be the reason someone smiles today.
2) Find kindness in others. Everyone, regardless of how tough, heartless, or cold they may seem has warmth and kindness below their protective walls. You will find overflowing kindness in the coldest of people, you will find a stream of water in a hot and bare desert.
3) Kindness is a beauty that never fades. High school love is incredibly rare and the cold hard truth is that it is common that young love comes from beauty rather than our glowing souls from within. True love isn't someone who makes you feel giddy and nervous, it is finding someone who makes you feel warm and safe. True beauty is kindness within.
4) Defend yourself and your beliefs with empathy, understanding, and compassion. When you're trying to get your point across and inform people, never hurt others along the way. Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your kindness does.
5) Be sure that your actions and your words demonstrate kindness towards yourself and others. Often your words mean nothing and your actions mean everything. Be sure that your actions reflect you as a person. Do not hurt others, intentionally or unintentionally. There are ways to solve problems, think about how to deal with certain situations so it doesn't hurt others. Whether you intended this or not, your actions and your words can cost other people's happiness, and replace their joy with tears and sorrow.
6) If you make mistakes along the way, take responsibility and fix it. Don't be stubborn and blame others for your mistakes. There's nothing wrong with a meaningful apology filled with a few kind words. You hurt someone, and that person feels terrible. Own up to it and do everything you can to make it better.
6) Find a balance between caring for others and caring for yourself. It is important to be kind to everyone you meet, but remember to take care of yourself. Eat healthy, sleep every night, drink lots of water, exercise, do what you love, treat yourself, and learn to love yourself along the way.
7) Kindness is not a weakness. Kindness demonstrates your strength. Do not be afraid to be kind. When someone fails to be kind, that portrays weakness, despair, and insecurity. The world needs kindness and tenderness and happiness. Kindness makes the world go round.
I might be young, but these are the the most significant lessons I have learned about the importance of kindness. I hope you can take away a few lessons of your own from this post. Love yourself, love others, and throw kindness around like confetti. Thanks for reading :)
My name is Farah and I'm a part time blogger, full time student. Whilst balancing school, family, friends, travels, and my own passions, I write lifestyle and beauty posts. Be sure to check out my blog and leave comments! Thank you! x