Autumn is my favorite time to bake! Pies, apples, cinnamon, pumpkin! Anything from crumble to cupcakes, experimenting with different recipes is the best. Here's one of my all time favorites, apple crisp. Enjoy!
5 pounds of apples
Grated zest of an orange
Grated zest of a lemon
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 pound unsalted butter
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and butter your baking tray/dish
2) Peel & cut apples into wedges
3) Combine apples with the zests, juices, sugar, and spices. Pour your apples into your baking tray.
4) For the topping, combine the flour, sugar, salt, oatmeal, and butter into a bowl
5) Mix with an electric mixer until the mixture is crumbly.
6) Scatter the topping evenly over the apples.
7) Bake the apple crisp for 1 hour, or until the top is golden brown and the apples are bubbly. Best served warm with ice cream!
Hope you enjoyed! Stay tuned for more autumn themed posts. :)
My name is Farah and I'm a part time blogger, full time student. Whilst balancing school, family, friends, travels, and my own passions, I write lifestyle and beauty posts. Be sure to check out my blog and leave comments! Thank you! x