After a long break from blogging, I am back.
I really appreciate the sweet messages I've received over the past few months from my readers and fellow blogger friends. Still blows my mind how people outside of my friends here in Abu Dhabi read my blog posts. My apologies for my extremely long hiatus- school took priority over making posts. I've decided that the summertime is an opportunity to become more active on my blog. Along with my typical travel and beauty posts, I want to venture out and showcase more of myself on my blog. My blog is my home, an escape from daily life. Expect covers of songs, some pieces of writing I've written, and more personal posts about special moments and people in my life. Of course, I'll still be posting my favorites and my travel diaries, but I want to use this creative outlet in a way that I haven't before.
With that said, here's to new beginnings. Enjoy a little reflection on some of the newfound lessons I uncovered in this past year of high school.
1) I realized that independence is the sweet spot of my comfort zone. However, accepting help from others in no way makes me weak, or unworthy, or imperfect. Nobody can endure through life alone. I can be strong and empowered with the support of other people. In fact, having the courage to speak up and accept guidance makes me stronger than those who are too fragile to be enlightened.
2) Hard work paves the way towards stability and success. Work hard and the world is yours.
3) Love others, love the world, and most importantly, love yourself. If you can't love yourself, then how are you gonna love somebody else?
4) Don't wear your heart on your sleeve. Everyone learns that iconic lesson at around fifteen or sixteen years old- right?
5) You don't need a reason to help people. Service is the most rewarding opportunity, help others every chance you get.
Stay tuned for more posts this summer on my travels, beauty, music, writing, and other aspects of my life. Feel free to leave a comment below :)
My name is Farah and I'm a part time blogger, full time student. Whilst balancing school, family, friends, travels, and my own passions, I write lifestyle and beauty posts. Be sure to check out my blog and leave comments! Thank you! x